A Pond Full of Milk
Once upon a time, there was a king called Bobo. He told his workers to dig a pond inside his castle. Once the pond was dug, Bobo made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a jug of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So, the pond should be full of milk by the morning and the King can then distribute the milk to those in need in the country.
After receiving the order, everyone went home. Wawa prepared to bring the milk to the castle during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just bring a glass of water and pour it into the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will even notice. So he swiftly went to the castle and poured some water into the pond and came back. In the morning, King Bobo went to visit the pond and to his astonishment, the pond was full, but it was filled with water! What happened is that everyone was thinking like Wawa that “I don't have to pour any milk, someone else will do it.”
Dear children, when it comes to helping the country, don’t think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from each of you. If you don’t do it, no one else will do it. So, do your job and that will make a difference to our country.
This story teaches us: be responsible and do your job.
Now, see if you can answer the following questions:
Try to write the synonyms of the words below. You can find the answer in the indicated paragraph.
1. employees - ______________________ (paragraph 1)
2. family - _________________________ (paragraph 1)
3. allocate - _______________________ (paragraph 1)
4. quickly - ________________________ (paragraph 2)
5. surprise - _______________________ (paragraph 2)
6. change - _________________________ (paragraph 3)
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Why did King Bobo have to ask his people to pour milk into the pond
2. What shocked King Bobo?
3. What would you do if you were asked to pour milk into the same pond?
4. Have you ever helped other? What would you do to help fight hunger in the world?